To Our Amazing Guests,
As part of the COVID-19 Pandemic and Public Health uncertainty, Danzon Cubano Eastown is making changes to its operating model. The purpose of this update is to provide assurance and create a level of safeness for our customers. The standards that we are implementing will allow us to provide a safe and comfortable space for our customers, while complying with local, state, and federal requirements to ensure the safety of our customers and employees. Our goal is to create an enjoyable and safe environment where we can serve our customers.
As part of our precautions, we are making the following change for your safety:
- To limit contact between our staff and employees, we will no longer have “regular” servers. Instead, we will have “food/cocktail runners”. Orders will be taken at the hostess stand and a designated area of our bar. You may also order online ahead of time or at your table through our online ordering located at our website: DanzonCubano.com
- The bar area will be closed to customer seating until this pandemic subsides.
- Plexiglass will be used at the locations where taking orders from customers.
- No physical menus will be available to avoid potential spread of the virus. Therefore, all our menus will be in digital form, which you can access from your mobile devices. Customers can access our menus online at DCGR.US or by scanning the QR code located at each table.
- Our floor will be marked every 6’ for where to stand.
- You will be able to order food from our “Food Runners” just like you would order from a regular server as needed.
- We have implemented PAY AT THE TABLE options, where you can scan your receipt and pay directly using your phone.
- Customers will be required to go to specified restaurant areas to place additional food and/or beverage orders.
- Room dividers and/or curtains have been installed to create barriers and foster a safe distance between customer parties.
- We have rearranged our dining room to ensure there is enough space in between each table.
- All our employees are always required to wear face mask while working in the restaurant.
- We will continue to offer To-Go & Curbside delivery. You can place an order online or via phone and we will deliver it to your car. We have parking at the back of our building for To-Go and Curbside delivery.
- We will continue to utilize third party delivery services like GrubHub, DoorDash, & UberEats, who are closely watching the situation and working with us with up-to-date information, support, and resources to protect our customers.
- We will encourage reservations to control and ensure we have proper capacity for the business to comply with State mandated regulations.
- Full bar menu will be available. We will be introducing more To-Go premade cocktails that are properly packaged and in compliance with our Liquor license regulation. We have a fully retail license with our liquor license.
- We will operate at 50% capacity (total number of people) as required by the State of Michigan.
- As we continue to reopen, we will start with a limited menu and expand it as we go along.
- Our Patio will be open, operating at 50% capacity (total number of people).
- Our employees are following CDC-Recommended precautions, including the following:
- Regularly washing their hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds throughout the day.
- Keeping surfaces in the restaurant clean by regularly using sanitizer and/or cleaning spray/
- All employees are required to complete a HEALTH QUESTIONNAIRE BEFORE they enter the building and report if they have any illnesses to management. Employees must report if they, or their family, have traveled to areas of high infection.
- All vendors, partners and purveyors are required to complete a HEALTH QUESTIONNAIRE BEFORE they enter the building and report if they have any illnesses to management. Vendors, partners and purveyors must report if they or their family have traveled to areas of high infection.
- Customers will not be allowed to wait in the restaurant if there is no seating available. We will ensure that we are following the capacity requirements mandated by State officials.
- All employees are expected to follow proper SAFESERVE protocols and wash their hands.
We hope that with these changes you can safely and comfortably enjoy our delicious food and cocktails, knowing that we are doing everything within our reach to ensure your safety.
We appreciate your understanding and loyalty; we will all get through this together.
Stefan Nava (Co-Owner)
Brian LaFramboise (Co-Owner)